Saturday, August 8, 2009

Naptime... Solved!!

We are back to normal here... PTL!! After about 1 week of Ashes sliding out of the bed on her own and coming to our room to watch Barney (and did I mention each morning was getting progressively earlier?!) David found a couple of cedar boards from the basement that we fixed up complete with purple pillow cases (to match her bedding) ... and now she's pinned in!! Let me tell you how happier she's been this week which makes us happier too! She's back to her normal daily nap, and life is good again!! And in a month from now, we should be home with Baby Brooke... all my friends who were due before me have now had all their babies, so we're next... and I'm ready! Lastly, for now, David had a mini-facelift this week! He actually had a skin cancer removed from the top of his head, but they pulled his head so tight as they were putting in the stitches, that his forehead is completely tight and wrinkle-free!!! Crazy enough, he says it's much more painful than his neck/spine surgery. They cut a hole out of his head about like a quarter and about a qt. of an inch deep. Thankfully, though, they got all the "C word", and now he's healing! We'll have to be extra careful with our girls... A-N is like him with fine,light hair... and if you know me, I don't love sunscreen... but he grew up always outside without wearing a hat, and the dr. said, he's 98% sure that the cancer came from the sun. So next summer, I'll be sure to put sunscreen on her (and Brooke) and on her part in her hair. That's all for now!! I'll keep you posted on baby news!

No comments: